Kirklees Council has produced translated videos regarding community /lateral flow testing.
Everybody in England is able to access free, regular, rapid coronavirus (COVID-19) testing.
The tests are free.
Take a test twice a week (every 3 or 4 days apart).
Rapid lateral flow testing aims to identify people who don’t have COVID-19 symptoms (this is called being asymptomatic), but who are infectious and could spread the infection to others unknowingly. The main aim is to help prevent and reduce transmission in the community.
How to get a rapid lateral flow test
There are different ways to get a twice-weekly test:
- Your workplace may offer rapid lateral flow testing to you. Contact your employer to find out more.
- You can go to a mass community testing centre – like the one in the video
- You can get testing kits from a collection point.
- If you are unable to get a test by those methods you can ask for testing kits to be delivered to your home.
To find out more please see this link Twice-weekly rapid lateral flow testing | Kirklees Council
The video’s below were recorded at the Hudawi Community Centre one of Kirklees community testing sites and it aims to explain how to carry out a lateral flow test, and goes through:
- What to bring with you to a testing centre
- What to expect to see and do there
- How to entre your details are recorded in the NHS app
- What the team there expect you to do
- How to do the swab
Albanian – https://youtu.be/_Sd_nSukvk4
Amharic – https://youtu.be/T4G_lVHqdtk
Arabic – https://youtu.be/LnPu2W-8kl0
Farsi – https://youtu.be/w8NUfAtCAAQ
Hungarian – https://youtu.be/RYsVILyaw0E
Kurdish – https://youtu.be/fKZfkP6i0t4
Mandarin – https://youtu.be/CkOxJiA0uNY
Polish – https://youtu.be/GWzPsn9szHE
Punjabi – https://youtu.be/6duDIlJW-eg
Romanian – https://youtu.be/ugFD79mZqrc
Spanish – https://youtu.be/er3YkaObdsA
Urdu – https://youtu.be/i8Z9ukpF3mM