Migrant Info Hub update #9: 6 March – 11 March 2021
Welcome to this week’s update, especially everyone who signed up this week. We hope you find these resources useful.
Thanks to everyone who created and shared resources. As always, all feedback is welcome.
Translated Resources: COVID-19 Vaccines Explained series, EU settlement scheme – factsheet, Astra Zeneca video explainer, Pfizer video explainer, Testing for coronavirus before hospital, How to stop the spread – easy read, Vaccination guide for older adults, Vaccination guide for healthcare workers, Vaccination for childbearing age, Vaccination for social care staff, What to expect after your vaccine and Why you are being asked to wait.
Information Resources: WomenCentre digital gallery for International Women’s Day, NHS update on text alerts for COVID jab and further government support for tenants.
New Translated Resources
The World Health Organization has created a series of illustrated Vaccines Explained topics using infographics and videos.
- Topic 1 – How Do Vaccines Work?
Available in English images, English videos, Arabic images, Arabic videos, Chinese images, Chinese videos, French images, French videos, Portuguese, Russian images, Russian videos, Spanish images, Spanish videos
- Topic 2 – How Are Vaccines Developed?
- Topic 3 – Manufacturing, Safety and Quality Control of Vaccines
- Topic 4 – The Race for a Covid Vaccine
- Topic 5 – Access and Allocation
- Topic 6 – Country Readiness for Covid –19 Vaccines
- Topic 7 – The Effects of Virus Variants on Covid-19 Vaccines
Available in English
- Routine immunization during COVID-19
Find out more about routine vaccines during the pandemic for you and your family:
The government has added 26 translations of the factsheet which provides the key points of the EU Settlement Scheme on one side, and lists the support available on the reverse.
Available in български (Bulgarian), Česky (Czech), Cymraeg (Welsh), Dansk (Danish), Deutsche (German), Ελληνικά (Greek), Español (Spanish), Eesti (Estonian), Suomi (Finnish), Français (French), Gaeilge (Irish), Hrvatski (Croatian), Magyar (Hungarian), Íslensk (Icelandic), Italiano (Italian), Lietuvių (Lithuanian), Latviešu (Latvian), Malti (Maltese), Nederlands (Dutch), Norsk (Norwegian), Polski (Polish), Português (Portuguese), Română (Romanian), Slovenčina (Slovak), Slovenščina (Slovenian), Svensk (Swedish).
Gujarati version added
Punjabi (Pakistan) version added
Easy read version added
In celebration of International Women’s Day, WomenCentre have created a Digital Gallery to showcase the creative work of female participants in the Connecting Opportunities project. The gallery features Get Inspired creative sheets available to download – focusing on photography, drawing, poetry and conceptual art.
The NHS will begin texting people from 10 March 2021 inviting them to book their COVID jab, making it quicker and more convenient to get an appointment.
For more information visit the NHS website.
The Government have announced that the ban on commercial evictions will be extended to 30 June and bailiff enforced eviction ban extended to 31 May to protect residential tenants.
Migrant Info Hub Update Information.
- This roundup will be sent weekly on Fridays
- On the Updated Hub you can now search for resources by language, by topic or by date
- If you have any feedback on the format or content of this weekly roundup, or the Migrant Info Hub, it is warmly welcome
- Please feel free to share this information with your networks – new subscribers can sign up here
- If you wish to unsubscribe please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org